Sunday, January 25, 2009

I was this week's BIGGEST LOSER









On January 13, 2009 at work, I decided to join in eight weeks of "The Biggest Loser". There are 13 women and 10 men competing; of course, the women against the women and the men against the men. The entry fee was $20.00 and everyone was on their own as far as diet and exercise. With me, my problem has always been portion control. I love food! I should probably have lived by "if it tastes good, don't eat it". But being the weak person I am when it comes to food, my motto was "if it tastes good, have a second helping". One of my weaknesses has always been chocolate cake with home made butter cream frosting, or chocolate cake with milk chocolate frosting. I love all food except for liver. I just can't force myself to eat it. So, I have had to make some changes in my life. I now eat more fruits and vegetables and by the end of eight weeks, I will no longer be a human with this body. I will be a rabbit with a twitching nose. All kidding aside, the television show "The Biggest Loser" has been an inspiration to me, and even with some of my disabilities, I still try and do what I can as far as exercise. I have changed my pattern of eating by having smaller portions, and no longer have second helpings. The first week weigh in, January 20th, I lost seven pounds and was the biggest loser for the week. We are given a trophy that says "I was this week's Biggest Loser" on it, which next week may or may not go on to another person depending on who has lost the most weight for week two. It is an incentive and we try to be supportive of one another. I forgot to mention that whoever has lost the most weight at the end of the eight weeks, gets the money. Thirteen players times twenty dollars equals $260.00. Now there's an incentive! No matter how much weight I lose and whether I win or not doesn't matter. The plan is to eat healthier, to keep the weight off, and to live longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment